Friday, September 25, 2015

More Small World Stories

26 Jul

We have been at the beach for two weeks.  Brenda knows that I keep on the lookout for someone I know. Last month, on our first beach trip of the summer we saw our optometrist.  This time we had been here for almost two weeks, and I was still looking.

Then there they were, one of my College of Educ colleagues from UA and her husband.  I recognized them immediately and we had a nice conversation.  Whew that box was checked off.

Later that day, I somehow struck up a conversation with a young man playing with his little daughter.  I asked him where he was from.

"Cleveland, TN", he said.

"Yeah, I know it, that's where Lee University is."

"Yeah," he said, "I went to Lee."

"One of my Ph.D. students teaches at Lee, Mike I."  I said.

"Yeah, Dr. I taught me exercise Physiology and Sport Nutrition and a couple more.  He's a great teacher."

Today, I ran into another College of Ed colleague and his finacee.

This AM, in Sunday School, our teacher is good friends with one of my friends.

It's a small world, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment