Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Feeling of Sadness

This has been a time of change.

I (Phil) am seldom sad, but I have been a bit sad these last two weeks.  A lot has happened.  I had a kidney stone.  We have been helping a new visiting Egyptian prof and his wife who is about 37 weeks pregnant.  Our son Daniel and his wife Shannon, had their first child and our first granddaughter.  Work has been especially busy.   I have been preparing for a long trip to Asia.  Back in early August, our son Andrew was the last of the fledglings to leave the nest.

Change is sometimes happy, and sometimes sad, but one thing is for sure... change is inevitable.  We can embrace it, we can fight it, but change will surely come.

So, how will we handle it?  Nice things end, new things begin.  Our best strategy is to recognize that conditions, good or bad, are ephemeral.  Life is ephemeral.

If you generally LIKE change, be encouraged, a HUGE change is coming when this life ends.  If you generally don't like change, be encouraged, when this life ends, so does change.

Jesus once said,  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."  (Jn 16:33)

I really miss the old days; but, I am looking forward to the life to come.

Bring on the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment