Monday, September 25, 2017

Zion- The Narrows


Zion National Park is one the prettiest natural beauties we have ever seen.  The Park has numerous trails, the most famous of which is probably “The Narrows”. Andrew, Brenda, and I hiked up the approach trail to The Narrows.  As we approached it, I noticed lots of folks with, what appeared to be, wading shoes.  Hmmm.  Yes, The Narrows is a trail that requires several miles of wading.  That may deter some folks, but not me.  What DID deter me was the hordes of people hiking that trail.  I like solitude in nature.  I avoid large crowds as far as possible.

I love nature as much as anyone I know.  My favorite childhood memories are being in the woods.  My Dad taught us the names of most of the North Georgia trees, and a good many shrubs. Probably because of his encouragement I have enjoyed learning about nature to this day.

I have spent a LOT of hours in the woods over the last 40+ years. Most of that time has been deer hunting.  And, deer hunting is a solitary activity. Some of my happiest memories are of those quiet days alone, alone all day.

I am an extrovert, and I thoroughly enjoy people… just NOT in the woods.

G^d made a beautiful world indeed, but some things are best savored alone.
Now, try taking a walk.. alone.  Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment