Monday, September 30, 2019

TIRED!

I have been writing these last few blogs about our travels out west. We have been back just over a week, and it strikes me how long it took me to recover. Most of our time we were at  elevations above 5000 feet which used to give me insomnia and anorexia.  I didn't really notice anorexia, and I seemed to sleep fine, so that probably wasn't the problem.

We do tend to go-go-go very hard. In fact Andrew mentioned this which made me stop and think that yes, we don't want to waste any opportunity, so we may over-do a bit.  Recall our family motto: "If it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing."

I have had plenty to do since our return and that hasn't helped. My personality does NOT do well when I am over-loaded with tasks.  Pacing myself, as Andrew observed, is not my strong suit.

The last couple of days have been better. Yesterday evening and this AM we have been prepping flower beds to receive the 30 day lilies that my brother and his wife mailed us from their garden. I bought some larirope today to make the border of the beds. My hope is to get them in the ground tomorrow.

We are happy to be home, looking at our own pond and sleeping in our own beds. There have been a LOT of Canada geese here, and there were none when we left in mid-July. There are now two great blue herrons.  The grass needs mowing, and there's plenty of tasks to do. Next month we do a wellness week at Laguna Beach and celebrate the Feast of Trumpets.  From there I do a couple of weeks in IT.  I know how tired I will be from that.

Until then, remember, If it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment