Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Life Review: Hearing again

 It is 20 July 2021. This AM, early, I reported to the VA hospital where I received my first ever hearing aids. I have been amazed at all I can hear--and ruing the loss of a quieter world.

I can hear the auto turn signals--which I used to call "blinkers" when I could hear them. But I also hear random car noises that I was happier not hearing.

Likewise I can hear lots of little squeaks, creaks, and groans--and many are emanating from my own joints. Didn't need to hear those.

My microphones for the hearing aids are on top of my ears, so every time I move my glasses, I hear this odd noise.

Even my voice sounds louder and different, because I am hearing more through the air and less through the bone.

These are light weight with control from my cell phone. I like them, but now I see there were some advantages to hearing less. So if you are losing your hearing, know that it isn't all bad.


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment