Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Italia Bologna

 The first place Brenda and I visited in Italy was Bologna in 2013. I wrote about it back then, but in review, we were living in Botswana and got an invite from Cru to visit Italy. The Air Traffic Controllers in Europe had just gone on strike and we prayed intently whether it was wise--in any way--to embark on air travel with a known major impediment to travel.

But after a rather enjoyable delay in Charles De Gaulle airport, we made it just a few hours late to Bologna airport where there was no one to even check our passport. And, we had a delightful time then and in 2021 and a few weeks back.

Bologna is the "city of porticos" because the streets are covered over much of this city. As is my habit, I arranged through my Univ. of Bologna buddy, Sandro, to give a professional talk to Grad students and profs at the University. The group was very responsive and I really enjoyed speaking with them.

After the talk we went over to the streets of Bologna where our team was passing out tracts to students. I got to talk to two room mates--both "Julias". Neither were Christians. We had a nice chat and tried to plant the seed of the gospel.

I didn't get to see very much of Bologna, but enough to bring back sweet memories of the 6 or 7 visits there. It is a beautiful quiet, University town. Make a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment