Saturday, April 20, 2024

Ever Been to Albania?

In all of my travels, Albania was #65. We went there the last of March with Cru Faculty Commons. It was the largest mission group we have experienced. We had 12 altogether w 7 of those being profs from Miami of OH. Our Cru staff colleagues, the Samlands, arranged the trip and led it. They had previously been missionaries in Hungary and had spent some time in Albania. Brenda and I met them over there a few days early to get a feel for it, and be able to host the group better.

We got in on Tues, and the Albanian AIA leader, Alban, had me speak the next day at Bartleti U, a private university. As is my habit I had some Bible verses left even after I had cut the gospel part from the talk. My Albanian buddy told me to take the verses out, because it is seen as very off-putting to some of the locals. I complied and the next presentation was in Durres. It was to ALL coaches and they were as challenging as I expected. I monitor my audience closely, and they were tough. One of my most responsive audience members was the Sport Physical Therapist, who took us to his office after the talk.

He enjoys competitive archery also!


One of the most striking aspects of Tirana was the architecture:




There's more, but let's save that for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment