Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Setting the Standard for Banks

Brenda and I went into our local bank on Valentines day to make a deposit.  I know some of the bank workers, so I took Brenda in to introduce her.  Before we could react, they had given us both red roses and Ferrer Rocher chocolates.

Now that's the standard to which all banks (and credit unions) should aspire.

I doubt that it cost the bank very much to give out a few roses, but it made a big impression.

I doubt if it costs us much to do lots of little things, that would make a big impression.

"If your enemy is hungry, give him something to eat, if he is thirsty, give him something to drink, for in so doing...".

What does it cost me to let someone enter traffic?  What does it cost me to hold the door?  What does it cost me to pick up the trash?

Hebrews 13:2 says that by doing kindness to strangers, some of us have entertained angels.

And, when we have done kindness to the "least of these" we have done it unto the Christ.  (Matt 25:45).

No comments:

Post a Comment