Saturday, June 8, 2013

Camera Magic for Kids

Cameras have magical properties.  When our kids were young and prone to tantrums, we had a secret weapon.  They would be in the midst of their most artistic histrionics, and I would say, "Keep that up a few more minutes kids, I'm going to get the camera.  When you are older and dating we can bring these out and take a look."

Oddly enough I never got to shoot any footage of these episodes.  That's really do bad, because they would make us so happy to be done with those days.

Now I use the camera in a new, but equally effective way.  I have 184 students in a required class.  Some of these students have set a new standard in disinterest.  I have told them almost every day to put away their cell phones and computers.  Still they do it.  I have tried a lot of different approaches.

But I have ONE weapon that works.

Yes, the camera once again.  I have now lots of pictures of University juniors ducking their heads, or hiding behind their hands.  It works better than anything I have tried. I would post some pictures, but that might be too much an invasion of their privacy.

I am a bit shocked at how much they do NOT want their transgressions recorded in digits.

I am guessing that is true of all of us, I know it is of me.  I don't want people to see me sinning.  I sure don't want a record made of it.

I don't even want to confess it.  But here it now, "It is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance, that the Christ came to save sinners, of whom I am chief."

No comments:

Post a Comment