Friday, August 29, 2014

When Kids Come Home to Visit

Our youngest son, Andrew, who is a Ph.D. student in AZ, came for a few days of visit.  We had already reserved a place at the beach, so there we went.

We had a great visit with Andrew, and that was special.  We spent hours and hours in conversation.  Those of you with boys, know that long conversations are as common as mermaids.  We sometimes take conversations for granted, but not this time!

When I used to visit my parents in the home where I grew up (no jokes here please), I felt that I "reverted" to my childhood a bit.  I was a lot lazier and more dependent in that setting than any other - or so it seemed to me.



"You can't go home again", may be slightly true, but it is so only because we are constantly changing, at least a bit.  Family is interesting.  The Family of G^d is interesting, and at least as important.

From the beginning G^d put us in family, first "biological", then "spiritual".  Family seems to matter to G^d.

In my view we ought to give a little more attention to our membership in the Family of G^d.  After all, one of these days, we are all going back to our "spiritual home" for more than a visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment