Sunday, July 25, 2021

More Joys from the Little Lake

 As I have noted before, we searched and searched to find a home on some water. We looked on Lake Tuscaloosa and Hurricane Creek. We considered the Black Warrior River, and rural homes with ponds. G^d provided us our present home that combines great location with 5 acres of serene lake, right on our back yard.

Brenda and I have enjoyed sitting out on the upper back porch in the cool looking at the lake. As I write, from that very spot, it is only about 73 oF, despite that it is 16 July! I just saw 7 Canada geese land in front of our dock. Seems odd time of year for them to be passing through, but we will enjoy their brief visit with us.

Last night, beginning at 7:15 PM Andrew and I launched the canoe to fish until full dark. We fished a bit, saw a beaver swimming in the lake, and caught more than 2 dozen bass and bream. The little puffs of cool air added to our pleasure. It is a great convenience to walk to the backyard, launch the canoe, and be fishing immediately. And, having learned where to catch the fish, it is great fun. And, those fish taste great.

I know this is getting redundant, to keep sharing the joys of lakeside living, but at least I am not complaining!


No comments:

Post a Comment