Monday, October 16, 2017

Another visit to ... Africa!

I just this week got back from a short visit to Botswana.  It was a 39-hour trip over, and a bit over 35 hours to get back. I flew from BHM to DFW, then to London and then to Johannesburg, before missing my flight to Gaborone, Botswana.

When I got to Planet Lodge, my accommodations when we moved to BW in Jan., 2013, and I was one room closer to the www server this trip.  I recalled that first week in BW, and how scared I was of being robbed and how scared I was to be bringing my sweet wife into such a situation.

As usual my fears were totally unfounded, and this time I had no fear of note. Even more happy was meeting up with a new Christian friend from U of Western Mich, Steve C.  There aren't many Christians in public Higher ed, so it was especially nice to share a week with Dr. Steve.

Both of us worked extremely hard in reviewing the different programs of the Univ. of Botswana.  We both had numerous suggestions as to how the respective programs might be improved.  We shall see what comes of all of this.

My greatest pleasure from this trip, was visiting with many of our friends from Gabs.  The second greatest was going back "home" to Gabs Game Reserve.  Brenda and I made so many visits that, 4 years later, I still recalled the roads and what animals we were likely to spot where.





It struck me a bit odd, that I found the Game Reserve to be the most comfortable and familiar spot in Gabs.  What a Blessing it is, and yet so few locals ever go there.  We only saw ONE other vehicle all Saturday AM!  

Just goes to show... we take SO MUCH, SO Many BLESSINGS, for granted.  What are you taking for granted right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment