Thursday, April 12, 2018

Salesmen hate me


Salesmen hate me.
I am an extreme SKEPTIC.  I doubt all; I am NOT easily convinced.  And, this has served me very well as a scientist. And surprisingly, to some, very well as a Christian.
I have been in some kind of church virtually my whole life. I have been to all the Christian church functions, the Christmases, and Easters, the graded-choir programs, the evangelistic outreaches- if you know what those are. It was fairly easy for me at age 11 to declare my faith in G^d, who provided Himself a means for me, a fallen sinner, who was disobedient, to come into relationship with a Holy, Just G^d who could not associate with my sin. Through all this Christian exposure, I had learned that my actions had everything to do with me being disobedient to G^d, but no utility in allowing me into the presence of the Truly Perfect G^d. I understood that the historical Jesus had lived a perfect life, then DIED for my sake. Christ’s sacrifice, His perfection, satisfied G^d’s JUST nature and enabled me to come into G^d’s Holy presence.
In the 57 years since I have become a Follower of Jesus Christ, I have sought out objections to Following Christ. I have solicited from educated people and considered reasons NOT to believe. I watched Bill Maher’s film “Religulous”, and read most of Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion (it was so weak I never finished it). And, yet now, I believe still. 
Maybe you have objections too. I am with you, and probably have considered most of your objections myself. And, understand this, despite my doubts, objections, skepticism, I still follow The Christ, more devoutly than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment