Monday, August 6, 2018

Life Review: G^d's Guiding Hand

Sometimes you can see better retrospectively than prospectively.  As I look back I can see G^d's hand clearly in a great many events.  Here are a few:

1) Getting into the US Naval Academy for me worked out only because the former head of the USNA dental office was transferred to Charleston, SC Naval Base, where my older brother (USNA '65) was also stationed.

2) Meeting my dear wife was guided by G^d's hand who brought the two of us to the Canton public library one fateful day in June 1970.

3) Not achieving my youth-long goal of becoming a Biologist kept me from having to fight with folks about my statistical objections to neo-Darwinism.  Thank you L^rd!

4) My time period at the U of AL, I am convinced was orchestrated by G^d. Before I got there, there was minimal research done or rewarded. Then it changed. Now that I have left, the size has gotten a bit unwieldy, and the philosophy has left me behind as a relic of a different approach to grad education.

5) My retirement circumstances worked out ideally to get me retired and on staff with Cru Faculty Commons, of which I am grateful.

These are some big things, and there were countless small things where G^d has directed. I feel like king David, who asked, "Who am I and who is my house that You (G^d) have brought me to this place!"

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment