Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Life Review: A Boring Life

As I look back over my 71.4 years, my life has been truly blessed in so very many way. Thanks be to G^d! It would be hard to describe any of it as boring. I remember the end of my Plebe summer at the US Naval Academy, after being tortured all summer, remarking to my dad, "It's just the same thing, day after day." My dad replied, "Son, you'll find that a lot of life is like that."

Whereas my Dad's wisdom was accurate, as usual, in the bigger picture life has been a thrill. In the US Navy I encircled the globe visiting countries that seldom make the news. We moved all over the eastern USA, living from Corpus Christi, TX to Newport, RI.

Having 5 kids kept life far from boring from 1977, through today. Our grandkids keep the interest high.

My job was always interesting, and working with Cru Faculty ministry has kept life challenging. I like to solve problems and build things out of what others have discarded.

I have recently discovered that being "caught up" is hard on me. It hasn't happened many times in my life, but recently I have been waiting on other people to move my projects forward, so I have been waiting--something hard for me.

But things will pick up very soon--and any threat of boredom will soon be forgotten. Boredom is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment