Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Answers to Some Objections to Christianity

 Being recently on 3 U of WI campuses has made me think again about some of the objections to Christianity among the higher intellects. We have been on the road listening to radio which made me think of an argument.

“If G^d is real, why don’t we ever see Him?” someone could ask.

Well, have you ever seen a radio wave?

No, probably not.

Yet do you deny the existence of radio waves?

“Yes, but I can hear radio waves with a radio.”

Well, on two occasions I heard personally from G^d. I know that’s not a lot of hearing, but there are lots of people in the world.

“Well, if there was a G^d He could simply MAKE me believe.”

Well, if you were god, would you make people believe in you even if they weren’t interested?

Can someone be forced to believe something?  Ever hear of Communism? Ever talk to anyone who lived under Communism? Were the Communists successful in forcing people to believe in their doctrine? Why was much of Communism torn down by its citizens?

‘Well I think I am just destined to NOT believe in G^d!”

Hmm, were you destined to believe in destiny of belief?

And, as you know, for a sufficiently committed agnostic, logic and reason are irrelevant. But I suggest sharing the gospel, and do it in few words, and leave the results to G^d. He alone is able to capture people’s hearts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment