Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy New Year!!

 Wow, it seems we were just celebrating New Year 2021. Now here we are at the beginning of 2022. It will be a big year for us, as we are now required to take RMDs from our retirement accounts. Plus we will turn another year older.

Each year offers 365 days (plus the leap year bonus) of opportunity. How will spend our days. My tendency is to spend them for my personal pleasure. I am always tempted to live in the here and now. I tend to think that this stuff we see is the real stuff. 2 Corinth 4:18, "as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." So, I have it backwards.

I hope that this year I will do better. I hope I will focus on what is unseen, that I will value that which is truly eternal. I plan to do so.

And, I am blessed. I am retired and work for a Christian organization. I try to engage myself frequently in the things of the spirit. I pray with others about 4 times each week, which really helps. Brenda and I pray often together. I volunteer to teach and preach so that I will be really engaged in Scriptures. But still I fail.

Dear L^rd, help me to be closer to you. Help me to invest in the eternal, not the temporal. Give me proper priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment