Thursday, October 24, 2019

Fall of the Year

When Brenda and I left Northport on 22 September, it was blazing hot and dry and the thoughts of Fall were still distant. I returned late on 16 Oct to a coolness that tells me that it is indeed Fall, with all of its pleasures.

I mowed the grass yesterday, 17 Oct., and noticed that it had grown surprisingly little since we left. I note on my calendar this might be last yard-mowing of this year.  Hooray!

The October daises are right at full bloom. We didn't even realize they were there until they burst into bloom while I was out of town. The leaves in other parts of the USA are turning fall colors, but not here. I fear that our dry, dry early fall will stress the trees to the point of minimizing the fall colors.  Maybe I am wrong.

Fall is a time of joy.  Football is finally played in reasonable weather, with a diminished threat of heat injury. It's deer season, and that is one of my FAV times of the year. I get to sit quietly and read, contemplate, meditate.  A great time to enjoy.

Thanks be to G^d for these marvelous seasons. THis might be my favorite...until Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment