Monday, October 28, 2019

How about a little 12-hour nap?

It is Thursday afternoon.  Today is my first day back from Italy, which is 7 hours ahead of Northport. I arise at 0400 (it's 11 AM in IT) and feel pretty energetic. I shoulda enjoyed it more, because it won't last.

I spend two or three hours, or maybe five, catching up on emails, paperwork, etc. Around 1030 or 11 I start to go down to mow the grass, but Brenda requests my help with hanging two of the pictures we had bought for the Living Room. After that I hang a dozen more, give or take a few. as the day progresses, I feel worse and worse. After finishing the picture-hanging, I crank up the mower and cut the grass.

I am spiraling down pretty quickly as I sit down to supper at a little after 3 PM.  We like to eat supper early, but this is a NEW RECORD for us. Yay! After supper, I am doomed and about 5 PM I...go to bed of course.  Remember 3 PM local time is 10 PM Italian time.

I sleep until Brenda comes to bed about 9 and offers be a small benadryl. I agree. I awake briefly around 0200, and then around 4.  The next time I look at the clock it is 0525, and time to get up for Grace men's prayer meeting.

Wow! Twelve hours of sleep!  Amazing.  Ever done that?

And as I write this...I'm feeling a bit sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment