Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Running the Old Route(s)

 Today (8 Sept) I ran on campus for the first time since about Feb 2020. I knew it would be hot to run later in the day, but really wanted to run on some of the old paths of yesteryear.


It was neat to see how much things had changed, and how much they had stayed the same in the preceding 19 or so months. There were some things I hadn't expected. But all in all it was nice to be back in the old haunts. It was slow and very sweaty, but nice.

And yes, I picked up a lot of trash. One of the older guys on campus, a student I think, maybe a grad student, thanked me.  He offered, "If I had my wallet I take out some money for you." Lucky day to not have your wallet, I guess. But I appreciated his appreciation, nonetheless.

I ran some familiar ground, but over the years at UA, I covered a lot of routes multiple times. I did a little chunk today, but there's a lot more to be done. I hope the COVID situation continues to improve and that I can get back to some of these other routes. Of course my body has to cooperate also.

We shall see.  Stay tuned.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment