Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Fun of Teaching SS

 Last Sunday 6 March was my turn to Teach Matthew in Sunday School. I had been prepping to teach since Jan. I love to teach SS, and love the prep. And I loved teaching the class last Sunday.

I was scheduled to teach Matt 14-16 in 45 minutes!  Wow!  We made it half way, which surprised me. I teach next week too, so we'll catch up a bit.

What made this lesson special? So many folks in the class contributed great observations. I had invited people to share at the start, and told them we might not get too far, but as the old saying goes, "We teach people, not information."

I had prepared and prepared, but still the new insights were surprising and delightful.  I loved it and I think my joy was apparent to the group. They seemed to enjoy it too.

To me, this is a great illustration of Biblical community. We all contribute out part for the good of the whole. We talked about the feeding of the 15 thousand+.  And that's what happened Sunday too. G^d multiplied our little contributions.

I love to teach--especially the Scriptures.

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment