Sunday, April 17, 2022

Life Review: The popsicle cooler adventure

 As kids we lived 2 miles outside Canton, GA, and thus in a rural area, with a couple of neighbors but a LOT of woods. We often camped in the back yard, and as we got older we camped in a couple of nice spots back in the woods. Overnights were our favorites.

Many years before I took thermodynamics I had the bright idea of taking a popsicle on an over-nighter. I put the frozen treat inside a small cooler that went inside a larger cooler.  Two coolers!  Wow, what a breakthrough in camping.

Well, I got up the next morning and eventually remembered my stored popsicle. Lo and behold it was thoroughly melted.  How did such a thing happen?

Well, if you took thermo you'd know.


Don't try this yourself without dry ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment