Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Magic in the Airport

 I was traveling to Italy by myself for two weeks of ministry with Cru Faculty Commons. Bre, Andrew, Jem and Hazel had gotten me there early. I said my sad farewells and walked into Birmingham airport. I had never seen it like this--deserted. I walked straight up to the Delta agent without stopping. In a couple or three minutes, I was walking up to the TSA security guard with no one in front of me. Wow! How did that happen?  I'll tell you later.

I flew to Atlanta and after only a short wait, our plane started to board. I had, upon arriving, asked the gate agent if he could move me out of that dreaded Row 47 middle seat! He said that he couldn't do anything because the flight was sold out--in reality they had sold three more tickets than they had seats. So three lucky folks got $1400 each, plus a free supper and hotel.

Well, I glumly boarded the plane and made my way back to that dreaded seat, arriving first. I stowed my baggage and sat for only a few minutes when my row-mates appeared. It turned out that they were newly weds and asked if I might be willing to take the aisle seat and let they new bride sit in the middle next to her husand.

Would I? Absolut!

And, all this came about because of the prayers of G^d's people. I was on a two-week mission trip when this happened and I had requested prayer.  Thanks be to G^d!

No comments:

Post a Comment