Friday, November 2, 2012

Trees



I love trees.  They make me happy.  My home in Alabama is surrounded by scores of trees even though we live in town.  I hit a tree jackpot in Terelg National Park, Mongolia.  It is autumn and the soft pine-like trees have turn a beautiful yellow-gold before they drop their soft 3 cm needles.  The birches have lost their leaves, but retained their beauty.





Trees take minerals and water from the ground and turn this raw material into beautiful, useful, wood, into interesting leaves, and sometimes into fruit and nuts.  I think one of G^d’s  greatest, most useful creations is the tree.  Terelj Park looks a lot like the Great Plains near the Rockies.  The park is rolling hills growing into mountains, with large rock outcroppings.

I THINK that I shall never see

A poem lovely as a tree.

  

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest

Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

  

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

  

A tree that may in summer wear

A nest of robins in her hair;

  

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;

Who intimately lives with rain.
  

Poems are made by fools like me,

But only God can make a tree.



Trees by Joyce Kilmer.
The L^rd G^d indeed made a beautiful world, and trees are major contributors.  Thank you L^rd for trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment