Monday, February 16, 2015

Being Treated as We Deserve


From time to time on FaceBook, I read great quotes, slogans, and witty sayings telling us to demand that we are treated as we deserve.  I am certain that the writers and posters mean well, but...

NOTE TO ALL: I do NOT want to be treated as I deserve! I want mercy and grace at all times. Thanks for your consideration.

Yes, absolutely, please NEVER treat me as I deserve!  I deserve disdain, wrath and hell.  Don't get me wrong.  I have a very, very healthy ego, as anyone who knows me will be quick to verify.  I have a wonderful life and have been blessed in so many terrific ways. I enjoy life and have some terrific friends.

But, I am ego-centric, selfish, greedy, occasionally less than honest, and I have been known to break the speed limit from time to time.  And, this is just the stuff I am admitting.

Thanks be to G^d that He is merciful and full of grace.  I deserve hell, but G^d put all that on Jesus on the cross.  I agree with that Psalmist (123:3) who wrote, "Have mercy on us, LORD, have mercy on us...".

Amen!

1 comment: