Friday, February 27, 2015

Our Most Distinguished Visitor

This past week, Brenda and I had a wise and distinguished visitor waiting for us when we arrived home.  I mention this because I learned an important lesson from this wise visitor.

It was a rare and unusual visit, and our visitor never uttered a word, teaching thereby.  He was sitting right by our front door.

Most of us feel compelled to speak, I know I do.  I want to show everyone how smart I am, and there is no way to do that without speaking.

Our wise visitor remained silent throughout his visit.  He made eye contact, he responded, but didn't say anything.

I wish I did that more often.  It is better, it is said, "...to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Let us be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger. (Ja 1:19).

2 comments:

  1. I have photos of an owl that David took. He was walking in the woods one morning and saw the owl. He took several before the owl started waking up and getting a little irritated. Since the owl was very large, David decided he'd taken enough pics.

    ReplyDelete