Monday, December 2, 2019

Christians in Italy

I have written about my recent mission trip to Italy with Cru. This was a great trip, which is why I have made several posts about it.

One of the neat changes I have seen since 2015 is the increased number of Christians in Italy. Mateo, and Gianluca, and Andrea, and Maria, and Giosue. I am sure I am missing a few. These are Christian ITALIANS ministering to reach Italy with the Gospel.

Whilst in Rome I got to meet a group of Christian students from Tor Vergata University. These students, internationals from India, Brazil, Kenya, had initiated and conducted a student Christian group on campus. Though not Italian, there they are, honoring Christ in an Italian Uni.

It appeared there were MORE Cru staff than any time since we began visiting. There is still a long, long way for Italy to recover its lost Christianity (think of those early Roman Christians rescuing abandoned babies).

I fear the USA is not too far behind the European abandonment of Christianity. But for now, I am rejoicing that Italy is seeing the light of the Christ.

Pray for Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment