Thursday, December 26, 2019

Post Christmas Reflections

I need to start with a confession, I wrote this BEFORE Christmas. I am anticipating after-Christmas reflections. As thousands have said before, Christmas in the modern USA is far too commercial. But, that said, Christmas is a great time of tradition, of reflection and of family gatherings.

I say that with some sadness. I know for many, family is NOT always a pleasant thought. We have no shortage of broken families and broken people even within "intact" families. I have mentioned before, but it has been on my mind a lot lately, some college students do NOT want to go home for the holidays. I recall my college days being THRILLED beyond words to get out of the Academy and home with family. As long as my parents, and Brenda's parents were alive, we cherished time with them.

But, of course, Christmas surpasses tradition, reflection and even family. Christmas began as Christ's Mass. The Christ is born, the Messiah, the Savior of the World is on earth. As our pastor Ben says it, our biggest problem is already solved. Because of the Christ, we can achieve the impossible- we can stand in the presence of the G^d who spoke the UNIVERSE into existence! Let that sink in.

Christ resolved the debt we could NEVER pay.
Christ took the punishment we DESERVED.
Christ made the SACRIFICE that made us Pure enough for G^d's perfect standard.

No wonder the Angels sang.
No wonder the shepherds marveled.
No wonder the wise men brought gifts.

We have JUST celebrated the Birth of the Savior. 

I hope we didn't miss that!

No comments:

Post a Comment