Thursday, July 2, 2020

Shouting a looong distance

I have had some neat opps lately, courtesy of COVID and zoom. A couple weeks back I got to speak to students in Florence, IT about "How to have more fun and get better Grades!" and then the next day to a group in Turin, IT about "Why Smart People Say they Don't Believe in G^d." This second talk is one of my favorites with unBelievers. It provoked some excellent questions from the audience and people stayed around a good while afterwards asking questions.

Last week, on Monday I spoke to a group of International students in San Antonio, courtesy of the International Navigator ministry there. Then Tues, I got to speak to a small group of Christian Profs at U Mass, Lowell. It was a blast speaking to both groups, and NONE of these latter opps would have happened without COVID. Of course, the flip side is that I would have been able to give the two talks in IT live, without COVID messing up travel plans of many.



If you can read Italian then you know they changed the title from that listed above. In many countries "smart" has NOTHING to do with intelligence, so this is more meaningful to Italians. In the corner, you can see what I saw.  I was showing the slides which meant I could only see my friend Gino, my translator and a couple more attendees.

So, the lesson is, some opps get lost, and others get found. More importantly, G^d is the Sovereign of the universe and everything happens by His permission.

Matt 11 says, "25 At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.[a] 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

No comments:

Post a Comment