Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Nicest People In the World??

It is challenging to the ego to be totally dependent upon others.  My ego needs challenging, but perhaps not this much.

On the other hand, being helpless gives others the opportunity to help.  I have been greatly helped in the three days since arriving in Botswana.

Here's a brief summary:
I was met at the airport by two people, including my department head who drove all the way out there just to meet me.
  • I have been personally guided through the challenges of establishing a household by:  Lebo, Doreen, and Chedozie, each spending considerable time.
  • Ms Chohudi, Tebogo, and Buna have patiently unraveled problems and made telephone calls to grease the wheels of starting the job and getting settled.
  • Tebogo drove me in his own auto all the way to the hotel because I had to miss the shuttle.

And everybody does this without complaining even though I tax most of them with teaching me a tiny bit of Tswana.  I found the Filipinos to be exceptionally nice, but thus far, the Batswana (from for people of Botswana- pronounced with long O to distinguish it) have surpassed all other groups.

Kind generous people are always in short supply.  There seem to be a good number here, when I need them badly.

Thank you L^rd

No comments:

Post a Comment