Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Backwards Glance

We have been in Botswana for 11 months now.  It is interesting to look back to my arrival here.  Boy those were some tough days!  I was jet lagged, culture shocked, and stressed out.  I had no idea how I was going to ever get that disgusting empty apartment into fit shape to welcome my dear, sweet, loving wife.

I knew no one.  I didn't know how to get anywhere.  I couldn't understand much of what was said.  I didn't know where my classes would be, when they would be, and fortunately I didn't have any idea what they might be like.

I was in big trouble.

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."  (Jn 14:1)

Easier said than done.



Yet looking back, it's hard to remember the details of those tough days.  Those memories have been replaced with memories of people, places, animals, birds, flowers, trees, scenes.

Believing in the Christ takes a troubled heart and heals it, and Blesses it.  Thanks be to G^d.

No comments:

Post a Comment