Sunday, February 28, 2021

Ahhh, Tax Season Again

 Yes, here it is, 1 March 2021. Federal and state taxes are due in 6 short weeks. I am always happy to get my taxes finished and submitted. I am soooo very happy that a few years back the married personal exemption went up so high that I could stop itemizing.  Taxes are now so very much simpler.

I don't recall ever paying anyone to compute and file my taxes. I figure I know more about my financial situation than an anonymous tax person.  If I have to collect all my info, and explain it to someone else, I might as well go ahead and fill out the forms.

And, it is kinda nice to see how the year went financially. It makes me more aware of my tax situation and the kind of things I can, and cannot do to change my tax load. I have used several on-line tax programs, and these are handy and I recommend "Free Tax" and MAT (My Alabama Taxes). These are both free. I have high confidence in the MAT, since the state of AL does it.

Do you do your own taxes? Do you do them online? Do you have an online tax program you recommend and how much does it cost?

Enjoy your tax filing, and don't put it off too much longer.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment