Sunday, June 6, 2021

Life Review: Beef Stew Memories

 In the late 90's when our kids were still small, Brenda left me in charge and went to Canton, GA to help out her parents. I was in charge of 5 kids--breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was a bit out of my depth, to say the least.

I can't remember anything that happened, except for one meal. I will say that NO one died during my tenure as overseer. In that meal, I was fixing beef stew for supper for the kids. Realize, as I did, that cooking also involves clean-up after. So, as I fixed beef stew I heated it still in the can. This particular beef stew had sort of stratified. One layer was carrots, one beef, one potatoes. As I dished out the beef stew main course, one child got almost entirely potatoes, one got mostly carrots, one got mostly beef, and we all got a story that lives on to this very day.

See, creative cooking is highly memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment