Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Life Review: Seeing G^d's Hand at work

 In looking back is is great to see G^d's mighty hand directing our path. I think about how much I wanted to be a zoologist--yet G^d blocked this path. USNA where G^d sent me for undergrad didn't offer biology as a major. When I tried to do a Master's degree in Bio, I couldn't work that out either. I wound up doing a doctorate in Human Biology, which didn't dawn on me until I published one of my first papers in the Journal of Human Biology. I came discover later that Professor jobs in Biology are few and far between and most Biologists do one or more post-docs before they land a Professor job. With my age and family that would NOT have worked very well for me.

When I took the job as Assistant Prof at U of Alabama I did it on a "trial" basis. I had already observed that it is much easier to go from a bigger Uni that is Research-based to a smaller uni that is much less research-intensive than the other way round. I loved my time at UA. And, when it was time to leave, G^d orchestrated my happy departure. It would have been far too hard to leave a job I truly loved, had G^d not worked out these circumstances.

Likewise, G^d sped up my plan to join Cru Faculty Commons staff by several years. In retrospect, waiting as long as I intended would not have worked so well.


Many, many years back there was a tv show called "Father knows best".

Indeed, indeed, Father knows best! We are wise to enjoy G^d's guiding hand as we see our path blocked here or there.


Father knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment