Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Life Review: A Faith-based Approach to 21st Century Life

US Culture is in a crisis at the moment. We have COVID, racism, feminism, social justice, and also the usual issues of life. In thinking about all these issues and our approach to them, it occurs to me that there is but one effective strategy and tactic--to be obedient to what Jesus the Christ has taught us.

If you are a follower of the Christ, you should have the life goal of becoming as much like Him as possible--in every way possible. Jesus had something to say about every issue of life of importance, surely He can give us guidance on today's societal issues.

When I think of this, my mind goes to these Jesus principles (this is off-the-cuff, haven't thought about this very long):

Don't judge (Matt 7, Jn 8)
Love neighbor (Lk 10 and many others)
Be known for Love (Jn 15)
Be about peace--Jesus is the only source (Jn 14)
Forgive (Matt 6)
The Golden Rule (Matt 7)
We ought to love Jesus more than anything (Matt 10:37)
If you love me, Keep my commandments (Jn 14:15)

I will be on the lookout for more of these applications in the teachings of Jesus. As you discover additional teachings, pls send them to me via a comment.

Jesus is our hope for life, and He is our guide in all things: especially the social problems of today.

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment