Sunday, September 26, 2021

Calming and Quieting Our Souls

 Ps 131:1-2,

"O Lord, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high;

I do not occupy myself with things
    too great and too marvelous for me.
But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
    like a weaned child with its mother;
    like a weaned child is my soul within me."

Presently, Afghanistan is in turmoil. Haiti is struggling from the latest disaster. Inflation is quite high at the moment. The world is covered by a pandemic. And this is why these verses are so meaningful right now.

I, and you, have NO control over any of these things. We don't even control the mundane things: traffic, weather, others' attitudes and actions. 

It would be easy, easy to despair.

But, we Followers of Jesus don't have to occupy ourselves with things too great and marvelous for us. We can simply relax like a weaned child with its mother. Mom will take care of her baby, and the G^d who spoke the world into existence will take care of us.

No worry, no fretting, no agitation, we can simply relax in the arms of G^d. He loves us enough to die for us. He is our hope. We shall spend eternity with Him.

Relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment