Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Life review: A little encouragement for Parents

 As the parent of 5 kids, I was often searching Scripture for better direction in parenting. Except for a few verses, I concluded that G^d just didn't give us much direction. But then I concluded, the MORE I can fully engage as a Follower of Jesus, the better parent I am. It's tough--we must strive to be as Christ-like as we can all the time! Grace and mercy to any parents who may read this.

In fact, all the troubles we face have similar answers: be MORE like the Christ. Frustrated? Annoyed? Greedy? Covetous? Judgmental? All these from worst to least need one remedy: be more like the Christ.

It is easier said than done of course. This is why I appreciate G^d's grace and mercy so very much. He knows we will fail--which is why the Christ came. He lets us start over again and again.

Blessings, friends,

1 comment: