Sunday, September 12, 2021

Life Review: Prepping to Teach

 I just a couple of days back learned what I would be teaching in the fall Sunday School class. I will teach with tow other guys, which means I only prep 5 classes total. As usual, I got busy pronto prepping these classes. 

I find early prep to be very useful. When you have a grasp of what you will be teaching soon, you can keep your eyes and ears open for good illustrations, good ideas, good points. It is 22 August and the first class is 12 Sept, so I do have some time.

I went ahead and prepped my first two classes: the overview and Chapter 1 of Joshua. I am starting to at least outline the last 3 classes--all of which I will teach. My only worry is having to trade w someone. Maybe I'll just stop with the outline for now.

As you might guess, I enjoy prepping to teach G^d's word. I am pretty sure I get more out of the prepping than I do with casual reading.

How about you? Ever teach? What's your prep routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment