Sunday, November 21, 2021

Meet Clarissa, and some other Great Folk

 You probably don’t recall my writing about a young student named Flavia. I called her name during a talk I gave a Univ. of Florence in 2019. When I did, she lit up like it was her birthday. This 2021 trip G^d blessed me with another great experience with an undergraduate student, Clarissa.

Clarissa attended my talk at the coffee shop near the Univ. of Florence campus. We were not allowed to gather students on campus due to COVID restrictions. I spoke on managing yourself. Clarissa is a senior at U of Florence majoring in psychology with a goal of helping others. When I called her name, she smiled, rather beamed, and I noted it. So, once again I called her name frequently.

During the question & answer she was engaged and our time there was delightful. Two of the Agape Italia interns there were friends of one of our visiting team, so once again, it's a small world.

The Guy in this photo is my all-time favorite translator, Haswell Beni. He is from Malawi and lives in Florence. He translated for me in the Uni of Florence in 2019, and I was thrilled to have him with us again.


The two young ladies from Texas and Clarissa next to Brenda.

We LOVE getting to meet young people and getting to teach them a little harkens me back to those wonderful years as a Uni. professor.

Thank you L^rd!


No comments:

Post a Comment