Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Meet Sandro

 One of my most long term connections in Italy is Dr. Sandro B of the Univ. of Bologna. He studied first in Italy and finished his work in the USA at the Univ. of Central Florida. I wrote a recommendation letter for Sandro for his current position at UniBo.

Every time I am in Bologna, Italy, Dr. B sets me up with a talk at the Univ. This time I spoke to two profs and a group of Ph.D. students about our advice for exercise and wellness for people over 50 years of age, a topic he derived from our book, Fit Over 50.

Sandro had the brilliant idea of taking me, Baldwin and Haswell up on the top of San Luca. This is a small mountain right in Bologna. Here is one view from there:


Yes, those are the Italian Alps and that is snow. It was shirtsleeve weather where we were--yet there is snow. It was a beautiful place.

We then had one of the best meals of my life. I don't take many photos of food, but here is one.



Yes, this is Atlantic salmon, and it briefly held the title of the best food I have ever eaten in a restaurant.

Finally, after these treats, we made it to the Uni. Like all my experiences in Italy the audience of Ph.D. students were from around the globe.

Thanks be to G^d for these wonderful opportunities.


No comments:

Post a Comment