Sunday, February 27, 2022

Don't Take Your Schedule for Granted

 It is 31 Dec 2021. This AM I ran, then paused at the gym to lift weights and then ran (a little) and walked (a lot) home. My workout sched is to run 3x per week--typically M, W, F, and lift weights on either Tu or Th. If I miss a workout, like I did M & W this week, it is a high % of my exercise routine and seems to really set me back.

As I was working out, it struck me. Back in the Prof days I was extremely busy. I taught, worked with students, did research, published papers, went to meetings, and also took care of the bills, mowing grass, etc., etc., etc. In the midst of this I ran 5x per week and lifted 2x per week.  Whew!

Now with more free time than ever in my life, I work out less!  I am Shocked.

I attribute it to scheduling. In the Prof days, I had most of the time, every day, scheduled. I had deadlines. Semesters started, mid-termed, and ended. All that is gone.

If you want something done, give it to a busy person.

Indeed. busy people stay busy, stay moving and get a lot done.  I don't.

Maybe I need a schedule.  We shall see...


Here is a random photo shot from our back steps.  Nothing to do with the post, but it's a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment