Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Back in the UA Saddle

I am one of a small percentage of people who really enjoy their work.

I have a very good friend who hated his job and could not wait to retire.  I have been eligible to retire since 2005.  It is unfathomable to my friend that I keep on working.

But, there are lots of reasons I stay on the job:
  • It is a great venue for ministry.
  • I enjoy being around young people with lots of potential and little experience.
  • It is a great opportunity to travel at someone else's expense.
  • I can travel a lot, or travel a little, and it's my choice.
  • The pay is good.
  • The holidays are frequent and long.
  • The job has a lot of variety.
  • I get sent a new "audience" (actually two) every semester.
  • No matter how badly I messed up last term, I get a new try each term.

I feel extremely fortunate to be employed in Higher Ed.  Despite a lawsuit, I have GREATLY enjoyed working at U of AL.

G^d has Blessed me Abundantly.  As David said, upon being designated by Nathan as the Leader of Israel,  "“Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my house, that you have brought me thus far?"

Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment