Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Worst Enemy

There are quite a few people who don't like me... but, from my perspective, I have no enemies; except one.

I have this one enemy that seems committed to frustrating my plans.

I have one enemy that causes me to make bad decisions.

I have one enemy that accuses me of stuff I do, and of stuff I don't do.

I have one enemy that causes me to be self-centered, egotistical, and  covetous.

Can you guess?   Here's my enemy:




I have long understood what the Apostle Paul said (Rom 7:19), "For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want."

and a few verses later (7:21-25), "So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord"

Thanks indeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment