Sunday, January 12, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

Last Wednesday, 8 Jan, UA started spring term classes.

Last Thursday, 9 Jan, started my spring term class, Measurement and Evaluation.

I have a typical UA exercise science class.  We have:
  • 1 female softball player,
  • 2 American  football players,
  • 3 baseball players,
  • I female track sprinter,
  • 1 rugby player.

When they grow up ;), they hope to be:
  1. M.D.
  2. P.A.
  3. O.T.
  4. P.T.
  5. Sports agent
  6. American  Football coach
  7. Personal trainer.

I am just getting to know them, and they me.  I showed up the first day wearing sunglasses and dreadlocks.  Wish I had a picture to show you.  I started with the "I love you" gag, and messed with them a good bit.  The idea is to try to entertain them enough, surprise them enough, and teach them enough that they will be somewhat enthusiastic about showing up at 0800 every Tues and Thurs for 65 minutes.  I hope to make it fun enough that I will be somewhat enthusiastic about showing up at 0800 every Tues and Thurs for 65 minutes.

As I have mentioned, I have been in a situation to retire from my job since 2005.  I haven't had a desire to quit teaching.  I think the public University is one of the best Christian mission fields on the planet and I am not anxious to leave.

So what's your mission field?

No comments:

Post a Comment