Monday, September 29, 2014

You need Glasses, So do I

This AM, as I sit in Sunday School listening to some great teaching on 1 Peter 1, it dawns on me that we need glasses.

I was wearing my brand new glasses. I wear them most waking hours because I have an ailment that afflicts most of Christianity. I am myopic. I am near sighted.

The peril of Christianity is myopia.  We cannot see far away- in space or time.  We are oblivious to most of what goes on in the world, because it is beyond our vision. In fact, using the word "world" is wrong.  But I don't know of a better word.

We don't have sufficient vision.  We see only those things close at hand- fame, fortune, comfort; but we miss the important stuff outside our range of vision.

The only way that we can see further is by trusting in the Word.  Consider 1 Peter 2:2  only by becoming "Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk (of the WORD) so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment...".

May our vision improve, whether by glasses, by LASIK, or by G^d's healing.  AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment