Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tired...

I am getting old.  Perhaps that explains why I tire more easily than in the past.  I got up early today and went down to Hale county.  We were clearing trails on the deer property, and I walked quite a ways.

When I got home, I had two tasks and those took about 4-5 hours.  At the end of all that, I was really tired.  Part of the tiredness may be "residual".  It was a very busy week and I was tired by Friday.  Then Friday night one of my students had a soccer match and Brenda and I sat in the rain and watched.

Our own research on training recovery suggests that older athletes take longer to recover.  In fact, that is part of the answer to the research question as to why older people perform steadily worse despite training hard.

Being tired makes me want to do less, to just sit.

Sitting isn't always bad.  Some good things do come from sitting.  Meditation sometimes comes sitting, sometimes moving.

Being tired makes us appreciate rest.  And rest is good.

G^d Himself rested on the 7th day of creation.  He had "rest from all His labors." 

Wow!

That's G^d who SPOKE the world into existence, and HE rested.

G^d worked and then rested.  We have that little bit in common with G^D - this working and resting.

Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment