A few days back I rank across an article titled, "5 "Scientifically Proven" Ways to Be Happier at Work". Now if you really understand science, you know that things are only very rarely, "scientifically proven". Nevertheless, it caught my eye, and i had to check out what was "scientifically proven". Here's their list:
- Start the day on a good note.
- Make fewer decisions.
- Help a colleague.
- Make progress and acknowledge it.
- End your workday with a simple gratitude pause.
- Start the day on a good note equates to having a quiet time with a little prayer and Bible study.
- Make fewer decisions equates to listen to what G^d is directing us to do, and do it.
- Help a colleague is the simple application of "He who is greatest among you is servant of all."
- Make progress and acknowledge it equates to growing in Christ and realizing this is a great gift of G^d.
- End your workday with a simple gratitude pause equates to saying "thank you" to the G^d of the Universe who made us. Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments."
But words are cheap.