Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Full-time Christian Work?

I am reading a book by a Christian and come across the phrase, "were full-time Christian workers."

Hmm... didn't know there were alternatives, did you?

I know he meant that this couple were "professional" ministers who were paid for their work, but I find it a bit strange that this term, "Full-time Christian" would ever enter the vocabulary. But no, sadly I think I know why we must distinguish between part-time and full-time Christianity.

In my opinion, our eagerness to obtain "converts" has greatly exceeded our eagerness to obtain "disciples". All evangelists can easily count "converts", but there isn't much to count when someone moves from "convert" to "disciple".

It would seem that this is NOT what Jesus had in mind.  He seemed more interested in committment.  Don't take my word for it.

But most benefit, check it our for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment