Friday, September 30, 2016

I am a bit slow on acting sometimes...

I am a bit slow on acting sometimes...

Let me illustrate.

Back in the late 1980's- almost 30 years past, I was given a piece of very direct advice,
"Perhaps you would fit better in a Christian University!"

At the time I understood the advice, I just was NOT inclined to take it.  I felt that G^d had called me to the state university of Alabama, and that's where I ought to be.  And, I stayed a mere 32 years before heeding that early advice.

I am now employed at what purports to be the largest Christian Uni in the USA, Liberty University.  I am a bit slow on acting sometimes... as I just have started the first week of the first month of the first semester of the first year at LU some 30 years after that advice.  Two of my former Ph.D. students have pioneered the Uni for me.

Who knows??  Perhaps in a few weeks or months, someone may suggest,"Perhaps you would fit better in a state University!"

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment