Monday, July 31, 2017

A Nice Way to End

Last Thursday a historic event happened.  At the initiation of some of my UNDERgrad students, 6 of us got together socially for an end-of-the-semester event.  Brenda and I have entertained at least ONE group of my students every semester for as long as I can remember.  Due to our move, we had decided to skip this term, until one of my students suggested we get together.

We met at a local coffee shop and for two hours we chatted about whatever came to mind.  Brenda and I were both deeply honored, and the students expressed their delight that we would spend time with them.



The group was from two different classes, but the initiator was from my Measurement and Evaluation class, which brings up another point.  This may have been my BEST or top 2-3 M&E classes of my entire career.  This is the toughest class in our curriculum and this is the class for which I wrote a text book, so it has special meaning.  Unlike most M&E classes, only one person dropped the class after I explained that it was tough, and that I ONLY give ESSAY exams.  I am the ONLY person I know who gives these... and for good reason.  Grading them is tough!

Soooo, I feel that G^d is giving me a great send-off as I prepare to enter the wonderful world of retirement.  As most of you know, we will still be working for Cru Faculty Ministry, but not having to get up and go to work every day of the term.

Thanks be to G^d for a great career and a great adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment